Saturday 26 March 2011

Of houses and stars

It was earth hour today. That's a day where you turn off all your lights/electronics for an hour (8:30 pm- 9:30 pm) to give the power grid a break and be all eco friendly and such. It's a bit thing here in Australia, though I don't think as big in the states? Anyway, we turned off the lights and lit some candles and had a funny chat :). We also went outside and looked up at the stars. I've never really noticed the constellation of the southern cross until Bran pointed it out to me. And did you know down here orion is upside down? Silly eh? It was really nice being able to see the stars a bit clearer since so many lights were off :) and it's always nice to have a quiet hour with my husband without the tv and computer and everything else!

On a different note, Sarah (my MiL) and I went house shopping today. She had decided to move, and invited us to live with them in a separate living area (like a little granny flat sort of thing). This would help us save quite a lot of money, especially as I'm going to (hopefully) be going back to school to get a bachelors degree in Naturopathy. I do feel like we would be giving up a chunk of out independence, and I'm not a fan of being referred to as an 'adult-child' but it would be nice to see Sarah and Zoe more often, and saving money is always good... We saw a few houses, but nothing really stood out I'm afraid. What will be, will be.

I think I'll go to bed. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment