Thursday 28 June 2012

Fun with the Rheumy (Not)

Today I went and saw my Rheumatologist. At first he was lovely and nice then he got angry. At me. For looking up symptoms >.>... Granted, i'm sure he gets it all the time, and he was right in what he was saying but he was still mean! I think he thought I was arguing that I had lupus or something, but really I was just asking about it. I don't think I have lupus (thank the gods!) but I am afraid that it'll develop. That's what it really comes down to, we look things up because we are afraid that we'll end up with something worse. I also know for a fact that if I hadn't looked up symptoms, I would not have fought to get the initial blood test to begin with!

Ah dear, anyway.... He didn't apologise, but he was much nicer after I agreed with him, then started crying. The thing is, he doesn't get that i'm in pain. He knows it. He hears me say it. But he doesn't know how bad it is. And there is no way he could, I understand that. Which is why I was asking about those other things to begin with! For the record, I was asking about fibromyalgia, lupus, and dermatomyositis because along with joint pain I do get muscle pain and spasms. I'm quite thankful that I do not have lupus or dermatomyositis but he did agree that I had fibro.

So what does that mean? Ok, I am indeed in pain. Likely because my nerves are fried from being in pain constantly... I don't have any inflammation markers in my blood, so thats where the fibro comes in. But how is it treated? Well, no one flipping agrees apparently. He gave me a drug called tramadol to take, which is kind of like narcotics but not as addictive. So we'll give it a go...

I think he may have charged me less because he made me cry >.>.

No comments:

Post a Comment